pannier fixings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ranger

I put a rack on my SCR last weekend and with my usual mechanical expertise it took around an hour, after lots of swearing and blood there it was proudly attached. I then went to try a pannier on it to find the fastenings were wide enough to fit around the rack barsxx(, took that rack off to fit the one off my hybid only to find the arms were not long enough to reach the mounts.

I have DHB panniers with Rixen and Kaul fittings, so I suppose the question is can I get different size fittings or do I need to throw myself on the mercy of my LBS to get them to find a rack that fits the bike and takes the panniers.

I don't know about DHB but with Ortlieb Panniers theres a little insert which goes in the clips for different sizes of rack and position of the clips are very variable/ customisable.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
HLaB said:
I don't know about DHB but with Ortlieb Panniers the a little insert which goes in the clips for different sizes of rack and position of the clips are very variable/ customisable.
Same with my Altura ones which have Rixen and Kaul fittings. They're a bit fiddly but you only have to change them once.

OP
OP
R

Ranger

Thanks for the help, inserts now removed and as if by magic they fit! Just got to get pannier rack back on the bike, at least I know what I will be doing all weekend now

Top Bottom