Pannier for Ti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Just a silver tortec ultralight, £20

I don’t personally like the look of a Ti stem with black bars. Ti seatpost looks the ‘dogs’ though!

Already got ti seatpost & collar on both Ti bikes :smile:. Was thinking of having the stem painted to match the forks on the enigma, but had a little 'incident' with the forks :blush: so thinking of going Ti stem rather than painted, but certainly want rid of the black :okay:

alicat

Legendary Member
Thanks. I think 10l might be a little small though to take shopping, stuff for a day out or weekend away?

You're right about 10L being too small, @vickster. However, it is better to have two balanced panniers than everything in one pannier on one side.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
You're right about 10L being too small, @vickster. However, it is better to have two balanced panniers than everything in one pannier on one side.
Cheers, I tend to only have one side down on my topeak bag when commuting, never really noticed an issue

I went to Evans to take a look at Ortlieb and I have to say I don't like the back roller style, it's like a big bin bag, I'd prefer pockets to be able to access purse, phone, keys etc. The very helpful chap in store suggested the bike packer plus style with an outer pocket. Just need to find stock and have a look. I think Condor maybe sell a bigger range, might have to go into London next week

Evans sell it actually so could just order in...well I could if they sold the black ones :rolleyes:

https://www.evanscycles.com/ortlieb-bike-packer-plus-ql2-1-pannier-pair-EV229658

Last edited:
Agree that you can't go wrong with Ortlieb, especially since they solved the notororious insert droppy out thing by going to QL 2.1

At the risk of more expense, if the bike will only be used for urban trips/day rides and only needs small panniers with nothing on top of the rack, the Tubus Fly is a wondrous thing. It looks like the single fixing point shouldn't work, but it does.

Top Bottom