Pannier rack mounted child seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamieyorky

Veteran
Hi Everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me.
Looking at few rear child seats that would fit onto my pannier rack.

For my 1st daughter I just used one that mounted onto the frame using a bracket however that was 8 years ago now and I have a bike with a pannier rack.

Anyone use one ? If so what's your thoughts? Failing that I may look into a trailer.

Thanks 😊

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
My daughter was ferried around in a trailer when she was small. She loved every minute.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
If you opt for a trailer check Cycle King. They are a poor cycle shop but they do good priced trailers for kids and shopping without having to spend the GDP of a small European country.

I don't think you can get them to fit on a rack, I use a standard quick release bracket one for my grandson on a bike with a rack fitted, just position the bracket so the seat sits just above the rack.

Sharky

Guru
Looking at few rear child seats that would fit onto my pannier rack.
We picked up one that did strap onto a luggage rack from a supermarket when were in France. Worked well and felt secure.
It's still in our loft, so I might be able to find it and post a photo, but we now have a young grandson, so we will still be needing to keep it.

straas

Matt
I was thinking of pannier mounted at first, but I think the bounce in the seat tube mounted seats could be beneficial to stopping the child being shaken about too much?

Top Bottom