Panniers: This or That?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pinkkaz

Veteran
Here's another option.

Totally waterproof bags which have been reduced from £80 to £36. I have the handlebar bag from the same range and it certainly proved its worth as waterproof when I took it to rainy dorset the other week!

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=B3006

Only thing is it doesn't have outer pockets again but there does seem to be an "outer bag" which you can attach to it which are £13.50 each. Don't know how this would work but might be worth a phone call?

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=B1091

helmet tester

SORTED !!!!!!! I just discovered on wiggle , you can get an organiser that clips inside the ortleib pannier ; and a small outer compartment that you can attatch too !

right thats me decided then

stewie griffin

Über Member
Archie said:
These are the ones I got originally and even if you get something more expensive later you can still use them for the stuff you want to save your good ones from. Or if your set on a triple these are pretty cheap.

stewie griffin said:
SJS have been flogging loads of these on eBay, some on there now, I paid £15 inc P&P, they go for between £4-£15 + £7ish P&P A PAIR!!
Very suprised, they are quite nice, you really can't go wrong at this price!:smile:

Bit of an old thread but I thought it only fair to comment after actually using them in anger & also for anyone doing a search.

I'm not long back from cycling through France over the Pyrennees & into Spain (1500K), I used these panniers on the front & some nice old Jack Wolfskin ones on the rear, needless to say my expectations for the cheapy fronts wasn't to high but I have to say they did everything I asked & even seemed to be waterproof through quite a lot of thunder showers, a baguette in a paper bag stayed dry even though just under the top flap which had near standing water on it at one point (though I'd still advise to plastic bag important stuff!). They actually seem quite durable, not a sigle problem with jumping off (unlike my old Wolfskins!), nothing, did exactly what they were supposed to do.

Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying these are comparable to the "top end" stuff, the shape of them leaves a little to be desired as they really are nothing more than a simple bag with one pocket, but for anyone wanting a cheap set of panniers (front or rear) I cannot recommend them highly enough at the price. I'll be using them on my next trip. :tongue:

Just had a quick look, still available ever so cheap on eBay!

Top Bottom