panniers to a racing bike????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
potsy said:
Yeah that's my only worry about it tbh,although I do have one lower down too,any suggestions Mac?
picture.php

How about, getting a length of webbing (the sort of thing they make friction fastening straps from), and looping it from the top of the bag, under the saddle, over the end, and fastening it to the seat post underneath. If it could be slightly elastic it would hold tight (hooks on both ends perhaps?). Then you could clip a light to it at the back of the bag.

Or if you could get a red headtorch, put the head harness over back end of the bag?

Or carry your light on you - clipped into a back jersey pocket, or if you have a loop on yout jacket...

potsy

Rambler
Arch said:
How about, getting a length of webbing (the sort of thing they make friction fastening straps from), and looping it from the top of the bag, under the saddle, over the end, and fastening it to the seat post underneath. If it could be slightly elastic it would hold tight (hooks on both ends perhaps?). Then you could clip a light to it at the back of the bag.

Or if you could get a red headtorch, put the head harness over back end of the bag?

Or carry your light on you - clipped into a back jersey pocket, or if you have a loop on yout jacket...
Cheers Arch,although I didn't understand most of it:biggrin: I'm a man so don't know what friction fasteners are:biggrin: I have thought about clipping one to my jacket though as I do have the loops for it.Will have to experiment I think.

Arch

Married to Night Train
potsy said:
Cheers Arch,although I didn't understand most of it:biggrin: I'm a man so don't know what friction fasteners are:biggrin: I have thought about clipping one to my jacket though as I do have the loops for it.Will have to experiment I think.

You know those straps you get, made of a sort of webbing fabric, with a buckle at one end that you thread the other end through, and it holds it with a metal tongue that is sprung, so that the strap can't slip back through the buckle?

I want to call it a ratchet strap, but that's really the sort you use to tie loads on trailers, that you tighten with a ratchet handle...

Basically, I though you could arrange a strap that ran from the top of the bag (fastened under the saddle perhaps), over the back and fastened underneath, to give you something to clip a light to...

potsy

Rambler
Thanks Arch,think I'm with you now,good idea that will see what I can find/cadge this week.
I have now moved the light as shown in this pic-have drawn a red shape where the light is now,should be a bit more visible from there.
View attachment 5950

Crankarm

Guru
Oh this thread is funny. Makes me think of people who buy a Ferrari or Porsche 911 and then try fit a towbar to pull a caravan :girl:!

Why not buy a touring bike?

wafflycat

Crankarm said:
Oh this thread is funny. Makes me think of people who buy a Ferrari or Porsche 911 and then try fit a towbar to pull a caravan :laugh:!

Got one thanks. Also a hybrid & a recumbent trike. My road bike is my summer bike - used for all-day rides when I want to ride with those lovely carbon forks, but carry enough food/spares/clothing for being out all day without stuffing everything in my jersey pockets giving that 'baboon bum' look. My arse is big enough without the added attraction of looking like a baboon in heat.:biggrin:

potsy

Rambler
Crankarm said:
Oh this thread is funny. Makes me think of people who buy a Ferrari or Porsche 911 and then try fit a towbar to pull a caravan :laugh:!

:biggrin::tongue::tongue: cos I don't want one(yet):biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
That comment could apply rather well to my using the Fujin as a commuting bike. :laugh:

Top Bottom