Paper Towels or Electric Blowers?

Paper Towels or Electric Blowers?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

Speaking as a chronic eczema sufferer (for over twenty years), with my hands particularly affected at times, I have to state that a blower dryer gives me far less grief and I go for this option when I have the choice. Furthermore the environmental impact is not that simple to assess: you need to factor in such things as the cost of making the paper, shipment to site, laundering the towels, employing someone to re-fill the dispenser, etc. etc. But I agree that it's hard to convince others.

snorri said:
I dislike polls that don't offer a Don't Know option.:biggrin:

Presumably you don't wash your hands afterwards, otherwise you might know! :biggrin:

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
snorri said:
I dislike polls that don't offer a Don't Know option.:biggrin:

Point taken Snorri, unfortunately it is too late to change the poll parameters now without effecting the overall results. However, your comments have been taken on board by the team and will be reflected in all future releases. May I just take this opportunity to offer my unreserved apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
domtyler

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Paper towels.
I was on a campsite, washed my hands and went to use the blower. The blower wouldnt come on, and when it came on i had to hold one hand near the sensor, even then it went off. So i used the hair dryer that was there, which worked better.

Peter

You people obviously have never tried the new dryers at Heathrow/Gatwick airport. Stick your hands under those and you'll need a skin graft - but at least your hands are dry in under a second :biggrin:

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
Apparently the blowers suck up and redistribute a lot of piss during the course of a day.

But once you've grabbed hold of the toilet door to open it, you've negated the handwashing process anyway!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Zoiders said:
I have always been of the opinion that my piss is far more clean than a public toilet
And you'd be right.

But, what of those nice people who don't wash their hands after a piss/dump at the Supermarket and then go and handle the produce, or don't wash in the Pub and stick their mitts in the communal/team crisps and nuts?

Actually, in terms of spreading bugs the drying is as important as the washing. Wet surfaces transfer bacteria far more effectively than dry surfaces.

Top Bottom