Paralympics 2020, or 21 as it turns out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Have I missed the thread or isn’t there one?

We have won a medal or two!
Don't think there was one, until now.

classic33

Leg End Member
There's not as much coverage of this Paralympics as there was for the Olympics. Wonder why.

Any further wins Saluki?

classic33

Leg End Member
There's another Gold headed this way. Will the council give Hannah another gold letterbox.

She's now on six Gold medals.

figbat

Slippery scientist
There's another Gold headed this way. Will the council give Hannah another gold letterbox.
I didn’t know the Paralympics were in London again! 🤔😉

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
29 gold
23 silver
28 bronze

2nd in the table, behind China.

As usual, absolutely stomping on Australia so Adam Hills will have to dance the RoJo-Bot, in Union Jack undies on a UK monument. He still has the names of all the Team GB medalists written on his prosthetic from Rio.
Channel 4 has a ton of coverage.

When I was 19, I smashed my back up a bit and spent 2 years in a wheelchair while relearning how to do stuff. Horses are dangerous beasts really but I did keep right on riding them after the initial recovery period. I wish that there had been more of a Paralympic movement, para-sport in general, when I was facing life in a wheelchair. Or at least, that I had known more. 1984 olympics had 17 sports, which was 5 up from the 1980 event in Arnhem. I know how fortunate I am to be walking, running, cycling, kayaking, etc. I am bloody careful with my back.
Back then, when I was in a chair, there wasn’t the funding that there is now. My injury has coloured my interest in ‘disability sport’ as it was known, for years. It’s a lot more rock n roll than it used to be. I think that is a good thing.

Dame Sarah just keeps winning! BTW. She has 27 medals now.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes but no but only c60% of her medals are Gold, whereas Mike Kenny, whose record she passed had a hit rate of 88% Gold.

Needs to pull her socks up in my view. :laugh:

No, I don't really mean that :cheers:

Were some of the non golds won for 'team' events...in which case, maybe it's the others who need to pull their socks up ;)

Top Bottom