parenting dilemma…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
alecstilleyedye said:
you wait your turn, at least i've got her phone number…:rolleyes:

We need pictures!!!!!:smile:

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Joe24 said:
We need pictures!!!!!:rolleyes:

she's one of these ladies…

Open_Age_Ladies.JPG

domtyler said:
Waffle waffle, mindless bollocks etc.

/Crackle

:rolleyes:

Hell, you've got me sussed! :smile:

Just speak to the coach Alecs. Don't need to be pushy, just along the lines of daughter a bit down about it, you want to know how to set her expectations, what does she think.

I think once they move out the mini-league 7 a side stuff things change but below that age it's all about involving and enthusing them and it's a fine balance, which despite best efforts isn't always got right. In that respect, from my limited experiance of rugby, rugby tends to do better at that than football.

User1314 said:
Kingston RFC.

Got 50 kids this year for the Minis (U-11s). Only had had 25 last season so well pleased.

If you're involved or interested in Rugby coaching or a club and want to arrange matches or pop over just PM me.

Ha! Got my basic coaching many years ago now...when 'everything Australian' was the way to go - still got the Middx RFU polo shirt somewhere I think! Don't get a lot of time at the mo' although I have a big relationship with a club in Paris - Plessis Meudon
I only ask because I know a few from Richmond, Twickenham, L/ Irish + plenty from Ruislip and it might have been that we had a name or two in common. I think your ground is Hook roundabout - ish...I'll make a visit to google and check it out!
Tell your boys to keep their boots clean - dirty kit loses matches!!! :rolleyes:

yenrod

Patrick Stevens said:
Let the coach make the decision. If kids learn that team selection is based on parental influence/fuss made, then that's a very bad thing.

;)

Willow

I have two boys who play under 11 and under 12 football, rugby, cricket, tennis and anything else they can get a taxi for ie. me!

The football is competitive but generally anyone who turns up gets about half a match. Normally they take 2 subs, sometimes none and sometimes if the private schools have no matches 5- the latter is when the problems start. If she is sub she needs to stay by the side of the coach at all times so he/she remembers she is there. I would leave it to her to ask when she is going on or how long she will be off for but make sure she doesn't pester too much. Meanwhile get to the park/garden with her and give her plenty of practise.

Top Bottom