Paris Brest Paris 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Pre registered this afternoon. I’m in the 90hr Special Needs group, that starts at 17:15. Just need to complete my qualifying rides now.

Bonjour,

Nous avons le plaisir de vous confirmer votre préinscription au Paris-Brest-Paris Randonneur

Les inscriptions seront ouvertes du 27/05/2023 au 02/07/2023
Nous vous rappelons que votre préinscription sera annulée si vous ne vous êtes pas inscrit avant le 20/06/2023

Cordialement,

L'ACP

Ajax Bay

Guru
Well done MM. Makes that long one last year a little bit extra worth it.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I can't enter until the 11th of Feb but aim to do so. The original plan of riding a Dawes Kingpin in the Special Needs group has had to be edited as son no. 2 has his track national the following Saturday/Sunday in Ireland. Therefore I'll have to enter as a Vedette in the 80-hour group and aim for around 60 hours :blink:

Some training to be done methinks ...

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I can't enter until the 11th of Feb but aim to do so. The original plan of riding a Dawes Kingpin in the Special Needs group has had to be edited as son no. 2 has his track national the following Saturday/Sunday in Ireland. Therefore I'll have to enter as a Vedette in the 80-hour group and aim for around 60 hours :blink:

Some training to be done methinks ...

Vedette on a Dawes Kingpin. That’ll be something to watch…

bluenotebob

Veteran
If it's the same route as 2019, then it passes just north of me .. I stumbled across it in 2019 on one of my regular loops and 6000+ cyclists in a very (very) long line, is something to see..

Could you confirm the dates please @Ming the Merciless .. and I'll come along and take some photos to post on here (assuming that it is the same route, of course .. is the route available to view somewhere?).

bluenotebob

Veteran
August Sun 20th to Thu 24th

Thanks - that's noted.

The route has changed since 2019 .. Stage 5 (Etape 5) is now further north. I know the stretch of road between St Méén and Plemet - I did it on one of my 100+km rides back in 2021 ... it's quite lumpy (lots of hills) in places.

What's your best guess for when you'd be on Stage 5 - sometime on Day 2? Monday 21st August?

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
What's your best guess for when you'd be on Stage 5 - sometime on Day 2? Monday 21st August?

I haven’t even looked at this year’s route. It’ll evolve as this year unfolds. It’s unlikely to remain as it is for the next 7 months.

There’s also a lot of time between now and then as fitness builds towards August. Plus who knows what the weather will be doing during the event?

That’s another way of saying who knows and I tend to not over analyse these events. Focus is on fitness and qualifying rides up till June. Assuming that all goes well and I complete registration, I will then have a gander at the route and other event specific stuff I don’t need to be concerned with right now.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
If it's the same route as 2019, then it passes just north of me .. I stumbled across it in 2019 on one of my regular loops and 6000+ cyclists in a very (very) long line, is something to see..
. . . (assuming that it is the same route, of course .. is the route available to view somewhere?).
Substantial changes west of Loudeac. And going out via Dreux (but not stopping).
https://www.openrunner.com/route-search?author=PBP2023-ACP
Loudeac is abut 800k so the bulge comes through all Tuesday afternoon through to dawn Wednesday.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Sensible people don't waste time on SM while they ride PBP. The tracker is there for anyone (eg riders and their supporters, and to track friends) who wants it. I have a pub ride friend who completed in good time this morning. Hurrah! Well done Richard (after getting to Fougeres 4 years ago, but completed in 2015).. Another still on the road (90 hour start, so still in time afaik).

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

No, I went on a hilly Wesh tour instead. I’m not built for heat, and decided against PBP. Having experienced and completed it before, I’m still drawn to it, but it’s a bit take it or leave it. If their late decision to mandate helmets this year, remains for future editions; then I will leave PBP as a memory.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I follow someone on Insta who did it and it looked horrible!!!

I’ve been enjoying roads like this, instead

IMG_2331.jpeg

IMG_2245.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom