Paris France Bike Store

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Debade

Über Member
Hi,

We finish our Italy and France tour Tuesday in Paris. We are in need of 2 boxes for repacking our touring bikes with racks for their flight back to the USA. We have the box dimensions we need.

We are texting and calling stores now. But I thought I would also try this helpful forum for thoughts. We are staying several days in the 9th ARR. But would be able to travel to other parts of Paris if needed as we will be site seeing and we must have boxes.

Do you know of a bike store or shop that maybe able to meet our needs? Or the best way to approach them? I know in the States, most any bike store that sells new bikes would be able to provide a box. They just need to save the box which was used for the bike they just sold.

Thanks

nagden

Hi
There is a shop called Alex Singer. They make Touring bikes. If You Google the name You Will get the address. I am sure they must ship bikes abroad, so should be able to help. Good luck

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You are looking for the cardboard boxes new bikes come in. Really just a case of googling and phoning or emailing. I hope your French is good.
Good luck.

U

User169

You are looking for the cardboard boxes new bikes come in. Really just a case of googling and phoning or emailing. I hope your French is good.
Good luck.

Er, or the OP could ask on a cycling forum where there's a reasonable chance someone has dealt with the same issue before:rolleyes:

OP
OP
D

Debade

Über Member
Thanks DP. In fact, we considered Alex Skinner but didn’t think he was an option since he did not seem like a regular bike store. He might even know the company that built my wife’s bike as they take a similar marketing approach. We have since made a second look and will be considering him.

Our French is weak but our effort is strong. We have accomplished 95% of the things we have tried. The French people have been very supportive and helpful. And when they learn we are from the USA, they seem delighted.

OP
OP
D

Debade

Über Member
On our way into Paris, we stopped at about 5 LBS. One only offered to pack our bikes for 50 Euros. Another had a box that it would sell for 10.

2 others tried to be helpful. But after getting to our hotel, we passed a shop we did not see on line. It turned out to be the perfect LBS. They provided 2 boxes and all the foam, fork and other material. Bikes are now packed and ready for our flight home.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
To my mind €50 is a reasonable price to charge to properly pack two bikes for a flight to the States. This is a business and their view may well be "we're never going to see this guy again." On the other hand trying to sell a, presumably, used box for €10 is poor form.

Good to read you got sorted out.

Globalti

Legendary Member
In England bike shops are usually happy when you take away the boxes as it means less effort and cost for them.

KneesUp

Guru
There are many, many Decathlons stores in France that sell bikes, and as a lot of the staff in the one in Sheffield seem to be French, you might be lucky to find an English speaker amongst their staff. Also, when I was there last summer the supermarket around the corner from our hotel had about 5 different models of bike in stock, so they're a good bet too.

Top Bottom