Paris-Nice 2018 ***spoilers***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
cracking win for groenewegen , is that 123 for @Marmion in the punditry competition
It is :smile:

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
That'll teach you to change your mind...

More like that'll teach me to trust what I read on the internet - saw something that suggested the slightly uphill finish was not good for him... Meh.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
And people wonder why French music has not taken over the world...
That's because French music is more about the lyrics than actual music. On the other hand, some French music is world famous with : " My way " " Let it be me" "Beyond the sea" "What now my love" "Seasons in the sun" " If you go away" "The good life" "Yesterday when I was young". All of these songs were original French songs.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How did I miss this? Any re runs on Eurosport tonight?
You can usually find replays in the On Demand section, a few hours after a race finishes, and they usually stay up for a week or more. (Sometimes they have multiple links to the same race and they don't necessarily link to the right sports, or the start of coverage (!) so hunt around if you don't immediately find what you are looking for.)

I missed the 'scheduled broadcast' this evening so I just watched it On Demand instead. (Why do they 'broadcast' on the internet? They are streaming the coverage so why not just let us choose when to watch it i.e. make it all On Demand!)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
(Why do they 'broadcast' on the internet? They are streaming the coverage so why not just let us choose when to watch it i.e. make it all On Demand!)
I suspect it enables use of a content distribution network, so there's only one stream per distribution area or possibly even only one stream leaving their server, rather than having roughly one stream per viewer, which would max out far more quickly.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I suspect it enables use of a content distribution network, so there's only one stream per distribution area or possibly even only one stream leaving their server, rather than having roughly one stream per viewer, which would max out far more quickly.
I was thinking about it later and thought it might be something like that.

I have often wondered how the likes of Netflix and YouTube can stream random HD video content to millions of people simultaneously. They must have some incredible hardware powering them!

Top Bottom