Paris-Nice 2018 ***spoilers***

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by smutchin, 4 Mar 2018.

1. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

cracking win for groenewegen , is that 123 for @Marmion in the punditry competition

Slick likes this.
  2. It is :smile:

brommers, Slick and roadrash like this.
  3. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

tell me you had a bet on that....

4. OP
    OP
    smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

Yep. Good job, Marmers - your turn to be the smug git.

Thought Demare was looking good for a second win but he faded badly. Going early was his only option against the proper sprinters on that finish though.

roadrash likes this.
  5. Milzy

Milzy Veteran

How did I miss this? Any re runs on Eurosport tonight?

6. Nope, can't think I've ever seen option of 1st, 2nd, 3rd - I had Greipel :sad:

That'll teach you to change your mind...

roadrash likes this.
  7. TissoT

TissoT Über Member

7pm tonight a chance to catch up

Milzy likes this.
  8. Milzy

Milzy Veteran

You are a legend of cc

TissoT likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

More like that'll teach me to trust what I read on the internet - saw something that suggested the slightly uphill finish was not good for him... Meh.

Pro Tour Punditry likes this.
  10. Andrew Br

Andrew Br Still part of the team !

Belgian actually .........

deptfordmarmoset, rich p and smutchin like this.
  11. BalkanExpress

BalkanExpress Veteran

12. gavroche

gavroche Getting old but not past it

That's because French music is more about the lyrics than actual music. On the other hand, some French music is world famous with : " My way " " Let it be me" "Beyond the sea" "What now my love" "Seasons in the sun" " If you go away" "The good life" "Yesterday when I was young". All of these songs were original French songs.

13. ColinJ

ColinJ A big clot!

You can usually find replays in the On Demand section, a few hours after a race finishes, and they usually stay up for a week or more. (Sometimes they have multiple links to the same race and they don't necessarily link to the right sports, or the start of coverage (!) so hunt around if you don't immediately find what you are looking for.)

I missed the 'scheduled broadcast' this evening so I just watched it On Demand instead. (Why do they 'broadcast' on the internet? They are streaming the coverage so why not just let us choose when to watch it i.e. make it all On Demand!)

14. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

I suspect it enables use of a content distribution network, so there's only one stream per distribution area or possibly even only one stream leaving their server, rather than having roughly one stream per viewer, which would max out far more quickly.

15. ColinJ

ColinJ A big clot!

I was thinking about it later and thought it might be something like that.

I have often wondered how the likes of Netflix and YouTube can stream random HD video content to millions of people simultaneously. They must have some incredible hardware powering them!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice