Paris-Nice *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Nibali vs Porte vs Rui Costa vs Betancur vs Tejay

Take your pick of three of those for the podium? Can't see any other obvious big contenders. Maybe Gerrans? One of the Schlecks?

Should be a good race. Sky are taking a very strong team, even without Froome, who's doing Tirreno-Adriatico instead. AG2R and Astana look well set up to support their man too.

The Couch

Über Member
Indeed, without mountain finishes normally you'd go for the best Time Trial cyclist (that can climb a bit), but without TT even that's out of the question
If Kwiatek would have been in this one, I would have gone for him... he should be one of the best descenders/sprinters that can get over the mountains.
Hell.... if Sagan would start and he'd put his mind to it, he might even have an outside change

Movistar though really throws the towel in for this one... they named John Gadret as team leader. :headshake:
(I guess in reality it will probably turn out that Izagirre becomes team captain after a couple of stages)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I didn't realise they'd dropped the Col d'Eze this year. Good. It will make the race a damn sight more interesting.

Seems the resurgence of Tirreno-Adriatico has forced ASO to up their game a bit. I like. Although it would be even better if they didn't clash, really.

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Just a thought... with no mountain-top finishes, can Boonen be considered a contender for overall victory? OPQS are taking most of their Classics boys, and I can't imagine they'll be there just to make up the numbers. They'll definitely fancy one or two stage wins but maybe their ambitions are set even higher. Hmmmmm...

The Couch

Über Member
Just a thought... with no mountain-top finishes, can Boonen be considered a contender for overall victory? OPQS are taking most of their Classics boys, and I can't imagine they'll be there just to make up the numbers. They'll definitely fancy one or two stage wins but maybe their ambitions are set even higher. Hmmmmm...
Naaa, he's not that good of climber (and there all still somewhat heavy climbs around :smile:), a Jan Bakelants in last year's form might be an outside bet though

Wondering what Bob Jungels can do in his first important stage race

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Col d'Eze is still in it but not the finish. They descend, quickly!, and finish on the Prom des Anglais

Top Bottom