Paris Roubaix 2021 (spoliers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
If you mean Moscon's "chute" after his bike-change, the pundits are pretty much in agreement that it was a much sketchier bike (which would likely be down to over-inflated tyres).
But whatever: you could write a million different races based on "what-ifs" ...
Yes the spares will have been pumped up to standard pressure not realising that the big guy would need softer pressure on those wet cobbles.

Adam4868

Guru
La Vie Claire is one of only two team replica jerseys I actually own.
The other one being Team Sky obviously.....

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
WVA's miracle save/swerve in Arenberg was to avoid Luke Rowe who seemed to suffer a second mechanical and stop broadside in the middle of the road.
I noticed this but I didn't clock who it was. The best I managed was "bloke wearing dirty kit" ;) It was all down to split seconds though so I'm not blaming Rowe.

Seems there is a bit of finger pointing going on https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lu...med-for-mads-pedersen-crash-at-paris-roubaix/

All in all it was a great weekend's racing but I couldn't help feeling - is this a bit too much mud? Is it getting a bit too dangerous? Too much of a puncture lottery?

Mind, apart from AvV I've not heard of any really bad injuries. Not that I've been searching.

Reactions: mjr

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Adam Blythe clearly absolutely terrified on the back of a motorbike provided a few amusing interludes.

I think he drew the short straw/ ranked lowest in the pecking order.
I'd have loved to see Carlton Kirby on the back!

Seriously, the knowledgeable commentary and expert analysis from both Dan Lloyd and Magnus Backstedt was a revelation. Really knew their stuff and told us info that we couldn't actually see for ourselves. Robbie Hatch is the best actual commentator for me with humility to the real experts and rider recognition. I know his correct pronunciation isn't to everyones taste but he really knows his stuf and knows when to defer to the pundits.

I noticed this but I didn't clock who it was. The best I managed was "bloke wearing dirty kit" ;) It was all down to split seconds though so I'm not blaming Rowe.

Seems there is a bit of finger pointing going on https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lu...med-for-mads-pedersen-crash-at-paris-roubaix/

All in all it was a great weekend's racing but I couldn't help feeling - is this a bit too much mud? Is it getting a bit too dangerous? Too much of a puncture lottery?

Mind, apart from AvV I've not heard of any really bad injuries. Not that I've been searching.
Another (lesser ranked) femme bust an ankle (tib+fib I think). Sorry, can't find her name right now 🤦‍♀️

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've just read that Deignan was using 1x gearing.

CC has missed a chance for a good old dust up over the use of something new.

Or does ditching the front changer not attract the same excitement as disc brakes/ tubeless tyres?

I suspect as the route was quite flat the need for a 2X set up was thought to be unnecessary. Less chance of dropping a chain and less chance of mud clogging up the front mech.
Yes - it's the perfect application for that setup. I've also been hearing that the women were mostly pretty confident going in, as despite little race experience on "proper" pavé, they've had about 3 recon trips for this race over the years :P
(@Dogtrousers remember, there is nothing new about 1x - it's multiple gears/chainwheels that is "new" ... )

And in other news ... the question everyone (else) was too shy to ask ...

YES there are photos of the women in the showers! Trek team snapper took some shots [I think this was on the Cyclist site?]. She said lots of riders dived in, compared to just a handful in the previous mens race. The pics I saw were all shoulders-upwards, and only female snappers allowed. Just FYI ...

Cathryn

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="matticus, post: 6553348, member: 101604

And in other news ... the question everyone (else) was too shy to ask ...

YES there are photos of the women in the showers! Trek team snapper took some shots [I think this was on the Cyclist site?]. She said lots of riders dived in, compared to just a handful in the previous mens race. The pics I saw were all shoulders-upwards, and only female snappers allowed. Just FYI ...
[/QUOTE]

The photos are fantastic! I believe they’re by Jojo Harper!

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Tapie overreacting yet again!

La Vie Claire is one of only two team replica jerseys I actually own. I wonder if the Delko version will be discounted next year, or if this is why La Vie Claire replicas got cheaper this year.

Deklo gone!

Top Bottom