Paris Roubaix.. .Spoilers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Just catching up with the race.
Was the average speed really 27.5mph?
I know it’s unseasonably dry at the moment but that’s a crazy speed.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Gutted for Lampaert
Bad, but they're meant not to use the tarmac in the cobble sections. Where were the barriers that blocked them off for the women yesterday?

Bottom line is Lampaert misjudged it riding slightly off course trying to get an advantage, like Sagan at the Ronde van Vlaanderen a few years ago... totally rider error, and I say that as someone who'd love him to win!

Chislenko

Veteran
Bad, but they're meant not to use the tarmac in the cobble sections. Where were the barriers that blocked them off for the women yesterday?

Bottom line is Lampaert misjudged it riding slightly off course trying to get an advantage, like Sagan at the Ronde van Vlaanderen a few years ago... totally rider error, and I say that as someone who'd love him to win!

So mjr I took your advice and watched on tdp, it played ok until six kilometres to go then everything disappeared, sound, picture the lot!!

I feel sure from memory this has happened before at the end of a football match.

Is it something you have experienced or is it perhaps "signal jamming" as we are viewing from outside Spain?

• Wow
Reactions: mjr
Fastest Roubaix in history....average speed of 45.79 kmh.

I've only seen/heard fragments, but I'm going to guess this was due to Ineos forcing the split in the peloton early* on. The tarmac (i.e. pre-cobbles!) section of P-R is generally ridden pretty steady, so a "normal" classics day effort level would easily beat the average speed.
(did that sentence make sense??)
If anyone has the data for the tarmac section we could get a more definite answer.

*I don't actually know when this happened!

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I've only seen/heard fragments, but I'm going to guess this was due to Ineos forcing the split in the peloton early* on. The tarmac (i.e. pre-cobbles!) section of P-R is generally ridden pretty steady, so a "normal" classics day effort level would easily beat the average speed.
(did that sentence make sense??)
If anyone has the data for the tarmac section we could get a more definite answer.

*I don't actually know when this happened!
Class teamwork....make it hard as you possibly can and split the race ! Crosswinds helped earlier on in the race.Yea you need a lot of luck in Roubaix,I think Ganna would have had a chance but luck wasn't on his side yesterday.But Van Baarle more than deserved it,especially after his efforts in Flanders.
Quote....
“Survive until the Arenberg and see who’s there,” Van Baarle elaborated. “Our plan was to make the race hard before that second feed on the cobbled section. Kwiatkowski said I was super strong and he would help me whatever it took and it was freestyle after that.”
Ineos have had quite the season allready😁

Ineos have had quite the season allready😁

They have indeed. Do you think in 5 years time we'll be moaning about them ruining the Classics?!?

Top Bottom