Paris to Geneva route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Niblox

Hello, folks

Can someone recommend a (reasonably detailed) route from Paris to Geneva on quiet roads, taking in the Col de la Faucille from the French side?

Many thanks

Niblox

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
Hi

Sorry it took a while to answer you Nibiox, but I've just come back from a back operation.
You tell me that you have a rough route. What is this route? I can't guarantee I can give you any better information than you already have, though.
I'd be tempted to go from Paris to Dijon, then from there head to Besancon, Saint Claude and Geneva. There are a million ways to do it, it really depends on what you want to see.
Note: I used to live between Lyon and Geneva in the Ain départment, where the Col de la Faucille is situated. At that time, I couldn't do much cycling as my children were very small and my wife had mad hours, which meant I was frustratingly unable to head out into the mountains which were right at the foot of my town. What I can say is though that Bourg en Bresse isn't very interesting in itself - so don't plan your route to go through it - although if you do go that way there is some pleasant scenery nearby. And you're right to take in the Col de la Faucille, it is very impressive scenery.

Top Bottom