Park super patches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One presumes you've suffered a deflation then.

They are though, as are the Lezyne ones, I think I've got both. It's been some time since I've used a normal PR kit even though I still carry one

si_c

Guru
Pretty decent roadside repair, Skabs also seem to work well. I do prefer an old school repair though if I'm honest.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Pretty decent roadside repair, Skabs also seem to work well. I do prefer an old school repair though if I'm honest.

For any reason?

Some people do seem to have problems with ready glued patches. It's usually because they don't know how to apply them properly by rushing the application.
(not saying that you don't Si)

si_c

Guru
For any reason?
Some people do seem to have problems with ready glued patches. It's usually because they don't know how to apply them properly by rushing the application.
(not saying that you don't Si)

I just prefer them, had a problem where I haven't applied enough pressure to the patch and it's delaminated, but that's user error. I really enjoy the process of patching tubes, cleaning, gluing and applying. It's the same reason I like working on wheels, it's not a functional issue.

I've never tried Park tools ones, but I hate the cheap ones from Wilkinson - dunno if it's user error but they never seemed to work long term. OK to get home etc but not long term. I just fit new tube and patch old fashioned way at home.

I will keep an eye out for Park ones in sales though, as I do tend to have a couple in saddle bag Justin case I have more than 2 p*'s in a ride (never yet).

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've never tried Park tools ones, but I hate the cheap ones from Wilkinson - dunno if it's user error but they never seemed to work long term. OK to get home etc but not long term. I just fit new tube and patch old fashioned way at home.

I will keep an eye out for Park ones in sales though, as I do tend to have a couple in saddle bag Justin case I have more than 2 p*'s in a ride (never yet).

Fix the puncture as you would have done with glue. Preparation of the tube around the puncture is key. Once the patch is applied they need to be pressed on to the tube quite strongly for at least a good minute, smoothing out any ridges or bumps.

The ones I used, when they failed and I inspected - the patch was still adhered, but it seemed that high pressure forced the adhesive itself to leak out and allow air through (that makes sense in my head...) - I pressed them out from the middle of the patch with the back of a tyre lever over the bike frame when fitting etc. It has been a few years since I used one.

Yes, the glue drying out is annoying... But in my house, finding it first (the repair kit) can be even more annoying..

Top Bottom