Park Tools price increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
I'm coming round to thinking that Park Tools are, in many cases, overpriced and not worth the extra cash - although some of their tools are worth the extra cash

Nibor

Bewildered
My drawer of tools isn't to hand at the moment but the Draper Expert 57768 wire rope/cable cutter would be a starter at about £10.

Those are almost identical to my Pedros's ones which are excellent but twice the price bargain.

Nibor

Bewildered
Thanks for the reply. I actually rate the park tyre levers - not expensive at all - work well, pretty much unbreakable as far as i can see. When i were a kid, you were supposed to use spoons, very breakable.
I find them unbreakable and very reliable not the greatest shape but the toughest ones I have ever found apart from these I picked up on ebay http://www.tweekscycles.com/Product...64UxtKBG1VKzoimKuy4O9J9DL5oT7y4toMaAhuC8P8HAQ
Never quite had the bottle to use them. lol

Agree that the blue plasticcy ones maybe look a bit stubby but i know they will work. Those metal ones look like overkill to be honest.

Ajax Bay

Guru
give it a bit too much force (which of course you sometimes need to do with a chainwhip)
In what circumstances would one need to give a chain whip 'a bit too much force'? The cassette lock ring is rated for 40Nm and normally people don't feel the need to put it on nearly that tight. 15kg wt with a 15" spanner on the nut and the same on the chainwhip. Think you were unlucky with your chainwhip.

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
I find them unbreakable and very reliable not the greatest shape but the toughest ones I have ever found apart from these I picked up on ebay http://www.tweekscycles.com/Product.do?method=view&n=3561&p=33274&d=124&c=4&l=2&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Puncture Repair Kits&gclid=Cj0KEQjwz-i3BRDtn53Z5Z7t4PUBEiQA23q2AJpIEhY4M64UxtKBG1VKzoimKuy4O9J9DL5oT7y4toMaAhuC8P8HAQ
Never quite had the bottle to use them. lol
those will damage narrow road rims very easily - they are designed for use with heavy duty DH rims only

Nibor

Bewildered
those will damage narrow road rims very easily - they are designed for use with heavy duty DH rims only
I have never used them I bought them on a whim when mountain biking but never used them and have sat in the tool box since. I think they would be more suitable for motor cross tyres (or as a handy cosh :wacko:)

Top Bottom