Parkes Lightweight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kfoto

Regular
Welcome @kfoto you can't come on here and then tease us without showing some pictures and more details

You never know some one on here might be interested

Being a new member, I was not allowed to post any photos until such time had passed. As soon as it is acceptable, I will do so. Yes my Parkes Lightweight is now complete and ready for a new owner.

kfoto

Regular
Here is the photo long awaited.

Attachments

• Bike.jpeg
    Bike.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 25

T4tomo

Legendary Member
All you have to do is just left click on the thumbnail for a full size photo on my post above. Or with a tablet or a phone just touch the thumbnail. This image is rubbish as part is missing.

What I meant was, it would better with a proper saddle and original drop bars. I realise you have fitted those for comfort / preference or whatever.

kfoto

Regular
What I meant was, it would better with a proper saddle and original drop bars. I realise you have fitted those for comfort / preference or whatever.

The original saddle was a Brookes all leather and at my 14 years of age it was extremely uncomfortable. Hence adding the Selle Royal. Yes the original alu drops were not to my liking, so I inverted them so being 6 foot plus it gave me an upright riding position. When I rebuilt the bike in 1982 the drops were not kept, so replaced with the flat bar.

kfoto

Regular
Last year it was my intention of converting it to an ebike, but at the time was uncertain about the equivalent wheel size, so decided to convert a folding bike into an ebike. But I discovered just very recently when I came to replace the battery for the Cateye Strada Cadence, in the instructions it gives wheel circumferences for wheels 12 inch up 29inch. My 27 inch wheel circumference is 2161 mm and a 700 x 32C is 2155, just 6 mm difference. So if I don't sell the bike, I will look to convert it, and sell my folding one.

Top Bottom