Parking in Kirkby Stephen - recommendations please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Hi All
This is for walking, not cycling, but we want to leave a couple of cars in Kirkby Stephen for 5 days. We're getting the train from there to St Bees and walking back.
I'm going to contact the train station to see if cars can be left there for several days. But as we will end up on the last day in KS itself after a 20 mile walk, parking in the town is also a good option as it will save us having to walk an extra couple of miles to retrieve the car! Google maps has identified a few possible roads for street parking, although from the looks of it the roads in most of the housing estates are quite narrow and not all that suitable (without pissing off the residents!).
Ta!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Plenty of double yellow lines around. I'm sure you'll find a space eventually :whistle:

:laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is there a proper station at Kirkby Stephen? I think I got off there over 30 years ago en route to Swaledale for a week. IIRC there was just a platform? The station was also a long way from the town. Well, long with bags to carry, and a young stepdaughter plus pal to cajole into walking there. (It was pre mobile phone days and we needed to get a taxi.)

I usually use Streetview to check things like parking. It usually doesn't take long to find somewhere (or to realise that you are going to struggle!).

HTH

https://www.eden.gov.uk/parking-roa...-parking/kirkby-stephen-and-alston-car-parks/

Kirkby Stephen and Alston car parks
Kirkby Stephen car parks
We maintain Stoneshot car park.

Kirkby Stephen Town Council maintain Christian Head car park.

Car park Car spaces Blue badge spaces Motorcycle spaces Coach spaces Length of stay Near to:
Stoneshot

CA17 4QU 12 0 0 0 Long stay Toilets
Christian Head 77 0 0 2 Long stay

Car parking charges

Car Parks Hours Charges
Christian Head All day Free
Stoneshot, Kirkby Stephen All day Free
Front Street, Alston All day Free

Alston car parks
Free parking is available in Front Street, Alston CA9 3YA and Fairhill, Alston CA9 3SN car parks. A restricted on-street parking scheme operates from April to October.

OP
OP
Spinney

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
HTH

https://www.eden.gov.uk/parking-roa...-parking/kirkby-stephen-and-alston-car-parks/

Kirkby Stephen and Alston car parks
Kirkby Stephen car parks
We maintain Stoneshot car park.

Kirkby Stephen Town Council maintain Christian Head car park.

Car park Car spaces Blue badge spaces Motorcycle spaces Coach spaces Length of stay Near to:
Stoneshot

CA17 4QU 12 0 0 0 Long stay Toilets
Christian Head 77 0 0 2 Long stay

Car parking charges

Car Parks Hours Charges
Christian Head All day Free
Stoneshot, Kirkby Stephen All day Free
Front Street, Alston All day Free

Alston car parks
Free parking is available in Front Street, Alston CA9 3YA and Fairhill, Alston CA9 3SN car parks. A restricted on-street parking scheme operates from April to October.
Ta - Don't know why I didn't find that when I googled!

Top Bottom