Part works magazines.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
I already have an interest in models,iv done a few,got some i havnt finished,been stood for years,and have quite a stash of unbuilt ones in the attic,but interest and motivation comes and goes,i suppose some of you can identify with that.?Iv always fancied a radio controled helicopter,but cost and things have always stopped me.

gbb

Legendary Member
col said:
I already have an interest in models,iv done a few,got some i havnt finished,been stood for years,and have quite a stash of unbuilt ones in the attic,but interest and motivation comes and goes,i suppose some of you can identify with that.?Iv always fancied a radio controled helicopter,but cost and things have always stopped me.

Without wishing to ruin a dream....
We all went a bit RC mental at work a couple of years ago..mostly nitro monster trucks :tongue:. Mental and great fun when theres a bunch of you.
So, one of the guys got a RC helicopter...its obsolete now, but quite powerful and fully functioning..about 3 ft long fuselage.

He spent AGES learning the controls...spent AGES waiting all year for the right conditions outside (surprisingly, there are very few days when the weathers right..and you are free at the same time)...crashed it several times, broke rotors, ..broke his heart probably :wacko:.
He JUST got to the stage where he could JUST hover it, then winter came and he lost the skills he'd just learned. He hasnt started the engine now in maybe a year..:biggrin:

But dont let me put you off.....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
It wont,ill just go for a model blimp,less skill required,and rotor blades that cost a fortune not required,and they fly indoors too;)

Mortiroloboy

Fab Foodie said:
Making models is an enjoyable pastime, even better if you can fly/sail/drive what you make. If model-making interest you, find a good local model-shop and start from there,they're usually run by enthusiasts who will hopefully get you started on something worthwhile for a lot less cash than the Flying Scotsman.

Tamiya, best plastic kits IMHO. In a different life I used to make Diorama's, Airfix kits were OK, Revell, were made of much thinner pressings, but Tamiya, well they were more detailed, better moulded, fitted together better and, on some of the top end versions ( Tiger Tank ) they did an R/C version.

I think it was one of the "Doctor in the House " actors who said...

"When I was young I was into model making, now I am into making Models!"

Top Bottom