Parts Inventory/ organiser programs?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Hello all, having a big sort out at home and would like to keep track of all my gear.

I have various car parts, cycle parts, tools etc and would ideally like an Android app where I can save a description, picture and location.

I have seen Sortly but the free app only holds 100 items, I don't mind paying a 1 off price but that is pay per month.

Any ideas welcome.

I keep meaning to list all my bits plus log maintenance on my many bikes.
Can't you just use a spreadsheet prog?

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
I'd like something with pictures really, I have a LOT of car related parts.

I've bought stuff twice before so would like to avoid that..

Found "Magic Home Inventory", so will give that a go.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
This is an excellent app when you get used to it.

More than enough for what I need.

You could go down to individually sized screws and easily locate them.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
We use SAP at work :tongue: . Jokes aside I assume you have storage locations listed/numbered ?

In the world of lean manufacturing etc , it’s also normal to have a picture of an item in its storage location. For quick identification.

mustang1

Guru
We use SAP at work :tongue: . Jokes aside I assume you have storage locations listed/numbered ?

In the world of lean manufacturing etc , it’s also normal to have a picture of an item in its storage location. For quick identification.
Aha, now we know why you chose Grumpy in your ID. 😄

@ OP, bloody heck that's an excellent idea. Why didn't I think of that? I'm always looking for my stuff. Hey that reminds me, another thing is that WhatThreeWords. I've I've found what I was looking for, I could assign it to a WhatThreeWords location type of thing. Mmmh now this has opened many possibilities...

Aha, now we know why you chose Grumpy in your ID. 😄

@ OP, bloody heck that's an excellent idea. Why didn't I think of that? I'm always looking for my stuff. Hey that reminds me, another thing is that WhatThreeWords. I've I've found what I was looking for, I could assign it to a WhatThreeWords location type of thing. Mmmh now this has opened many possibilities...
Is there a micro What Three Words that divides your house, garden, garage and shed into say 10cc cubes and an locate anything.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
We use EvoPOS at work but not worth the subscription for home use.

Must admit I'm very impressed with Magic Home Inventory, might buy myself a lable printer next..

Top Bottom