Party Islands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was just listening to a news programme this morning and the guest on there said he went to the party island Zante.
This lazy journalism which you find mostly written in The Sun,Daily Mirror and The Mail is simply untrue.
Yes there is Largana which is a party resort but that is one little area in Zante.
We are staying this year in Vasilikos in Zakynthos(prefer that name) which is on the southerly peninsula and it is lovely and quiet with nice beaches and tavernas.
It is the same with Majorca and Ibiza which are mentioned again as so called party islands.Both those islands have some lovely resorts but it's easier for the gutter press not to mention them as that is not headlines.
Rant Over!

bobzmyunkle

It is the same with Majorca
Majorca? Full of cyclists isn't it?

I read an article a while ago with a bit about Ibiza
It was talking about luxury villas and the like

There was an interview with a couple who had a villa out there and they said that it was great.
The upside of the "party island" thing was that there were lots of flights out there from all over the UK and often quite cheap
The downside was that you had to share your flight with a load of young people who were starting the party early.

But once you got there and your taxi got away from the airport and went inland - then it was a wonderful quite beautiful island with lots of friendly locals - once they realised that you were not one of the "party crowd"

I read an article a while ago with a bit about Ibiza
It was talking about luxury villas and the like

There was an interview with a couple who had a villa out there and they said that it was great.
The upside of the "party island" thing was that there were lots of flights out there from all over the UK and often quite cheap
The downside was that you had to share your flight with a load of young people who were starting the party early.

But once you got there and your taxi got away from the airport and went inland - then it was a wonderful quite beautiful island with lots of friendly locals - once they realised that you were not one of the "party crowd"

Ibiza had a great atmosphere in the late 80's, a lot of the established clubs were very mellow places to hang out and it felt more like the old backpacker islands in Thailand than anything else. Lovely.
I went again 10 years later and hated it, the atmophere had completely changed.

MikeG

Guru
Forty years ago I stayed in the only hotel on Zakynthos......maybe a dozen bedrooms, and a pool barely bigger than a bath. Horse-drawn vehicles went past all the time, and there were a few tavernas on the beach selling the local speciality: an apple & almond pastry. There were signs up to keep the turtle beach undisturbed (no lights or noise), and most of the locals who did anything at all seemed to be involved with fishing. It was rather lovely.

markemark

Über Member
Nobody is suggesting the whole islands are one big party. They are reporting that these islands have a noticeably large nightlife scene worth visiting if that’s what you’re looking for.

Top Bottom