Pashley mailstar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
Just got a Pashley mailstar of fleebay its a bit of reck i am going to strip it and send it of for a respray do we think it matters if i change the colour i am thinking i would like to go yellow and get the racks sprayed as well but not sure on the colour for them as yet.
going to change the gears going for a five speed sturmy with hub brakes and on a twist grip.
and the front wheel will be rebulit as well would like to put dyno hub not sure if surmy do hub brake and dyno a good summer project coming will post photots a long the way any other ideas would be great thanks

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Yes you can get a Sturmey hub brake/dynamo.:thumbsup: Would you like a 70mm brake or a 90mm one?

The project sounds good. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
Dirtyhanz

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
Finished all done next the moulton
DSC_0245.jpg

billiobob

Veteran
Your chainwheel looks quite small could you tell me how many teeth on it? I have a Mailstar and I find the gearing too high for me so might change.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Those postmen must have been fit before they all got vans!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Only just noticed the image of the restored bike was in 2014 and the thread got resurrected by the question about the chainring.

Dirtyhanz2

Hi all it's my bike it's an amazing bike but God its heavy it's still in lovely condition it only comes out on nice days

Dirtyhanz2

That's lovely. Did you go with the dynamo/ hub brake in the end? that'll be the next upgrade for mine when I get around to having the wheels rebuilt.
Hi know I stayed with the original hub but had it rebuilt the price out me off one day I will do it I would like to add an electric drive to it eventually to it as well

Top Bottom