Pashley PDQ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bought a Pashley PDQ a few days ago, circa 1998 very good condition for age, came with rack and trunk bag. Chain was jumping at first which turned out to be a stiff link which was a quick fix. While checking for loose bolts I noticed one of the rear rack threads was stripped. Bought a helicoil kit but I messed up the repair, now don't think it was possible anyway due to the shortness and placement of the rack thread hole. Putting a bolt and nut through isnt an option either. A p clip should suffice since the other 3 rack fixing points are sound.

After a 60 mile ride I like the PDQ more than my Orbit Crystal even, it's nearly as fast and climbs well. It's quicker and more comfortable than the Bacchetta giro 20 and ICE B2/3 I owned. As with many SWB recumbent bikes toe overlap is terrible but can be dialed out by my brain. Starting off isnt the easiest but the turning circle and low speed control is good. Think I will replace the Nokian tyres for big apples just for peace of mind and a larger mirror is on my shopping list too. The optimum SWB recumbent bike would be a morphed PDQ - Kingcycle in my opinion.

You are old!

The KIngCycle is an old design

When I bought my first recumbent, it was a Linear from the US, some 25 years ago!

The entire range of available recumbents was
Linear
Radius Peer Gynt / Dino
Ryan Vanguard
WindCheetah
KIngcycle

.. and that was it!

Funnily enough, I have the first Challenge Hurricane to be imported into the UK which I bought when I went to look at a Kingcycle and saw the Hurricane in the dealers.

PS the PDQ was not an original design, but a reworking of the "Counterpoint Presto"

OP
OP
W

windmiller

yes I must be old if I'm older than an old unoriginal design but that isn't always a bad thing...handsome is as handsome does etc..

I found the hurricane the most difficult recumbent to learn to ride that I have tried so far. Funny how there is now more choice than ever of recumbent trikes and bikes but their popularity appears to have slumped from 10 /15 years ago, in this country at least.

Top Bottom