pashley tricycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

luckyeddie

got the wife a pashley trike today, is it normal for both rear wheels to be driven, it has a sa 5 speed gear change dated 02 96, is this normal?.

First welcome

Now is the trike new? If both rear wheels are being driven there will be a dif.

OP
OP
L

luckyeddie

yes i was thinking there must be a dif, trike is mid 90s i rekon judging by the date of 02 96 on the sa hub. thanks reply.

Maz

Guru
The 'main' chain on my old Pashley Picador Trike (1980something?) stops short of the rear axle, then it joins onto another cog thingy on a small box thingy, then there's a short loop of chain from the box to the rear axle.

Is that box thingy the differential?

Maz can you give us some pictures?

OP
OP
L

luckyeddie

i'm back, yes maz mine seems to be the same, had a good look at it today and i'm beginning to think that the offside wheel is turning with the axle because it has been standing for two years and just needs some tlc and lubrication, more on this tommorow.

Maz

Guru
Thinking about it, it must be the gearbox! I think on mine both the rear wheels are being driven.

Maz

Guru
mickle said:
If both wheels are being driven you have a diff. If you open the throttle/pop a wheelie/floor it/give it some welly does it pull to one side?
Mate, I'm a newby at riding a trike. It always seems to pull to one side (camber of road?). I find riding left-handed-only helps to counteract this.

Top Bottom