Passed CBT :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
thomas said:
Just got back from doing my CBT, having been up at 6 this morning! Well and truely shattered, got sweat dripping down my face (a combination of thick motorcycle gear and cycling to and from the centre in very hot sun).

But I passed....and can now upgrade to a motorbike! Suppose I'll have to find mbikechat now :tongue:.

Oh....and I wouldn't of know the answer to the first question of the highway code bit if it wasn't for wasting tooo much time in commuting....all about "right of way". :becool:

Anyway. I need a beer and a shower (The motorcycle gear I borrowed....was a little bit stinky to say the least :o).

You have my eternal respect anybody that can go above 35mph on a two wheeled vehicle is a hero in my eyes.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Well done, Thomas.

rsvdaz said:
are you going for your "full" licence?
I did this via a Direct Access 5 day intensive course...was blinkin hard I can tell you...a I think its got recently harder

threebikesmcginty said:
Get down the Hog shop
I did both of these.:becool:

I passed first time, 100% on the theory and the hazard perception and only two minors on the road.
I then went straight to the hog shop and bought a pig, the same pig that gave me my user name.

Calling them hogs is really an insult to pigs. Useless, horrible company with lousy customer care.:tongue:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
User3143 said:
No, but if you do your A1 license then after two years you can automatically up grade regardless of age, or it use to be like this, don't know if the law has changed.

Yes, I think that's about right.

Something that I would do if I was you, you will only have to take your CBT again in two years anyway, so you might as well do your A1, get a nice 250. Has it's advantages as well, you can carry pillions....
The main reasons I would take the test is: 1) L plates are tacky, 2) Would be nice to carry a mate and 3) spending £90 every 2 years is a false economy. Think I'll give it this summer and see what the finances are like at the end and hopefully be able to do a short course then. At least then I'll be used to it all and have some of my own gear to wear.

upsidedown said:
You have my eternal respect anybody that can go above 35mph on a two wheeled vehicle is a hero in my eyes.

:smile: I've done 50 on a push bike. To be fair, I was pooterling along at 20mph thinking I was doing 30mph on the m'bike. Being able to tell speed and stick to it will all come with a little practice.

Night Train said:
Well done, Thomas.

I did both of these.:biggrin:

I passed first time, 100% on the theory and the hazard perception and only two minors on the road.
I then went straight to the hog shop and bought a pig, the same pig that gave me my user name.

Calling them hogs is really an insult to pigs. Useless, horrible company with lousy customer care.:smile:

My Dad has had two Harleys. I think it depends on the dealer for the customer care. Where he went changed hands, and instantly improved loads.

Top Bottom