Paul O'Grady - RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
All the people I've known who have been very heavy smokers have all died youngish and of related conditions. Its an absolute mugs game is smoking.

KoffMixtures

Balls.

I used to listen to his R2 Sunday show, was very light-hearted and fun for chilling Sundays before work.

Yes, me too, until BBC shat on him.
Their fawning hypocrisy today makes me gag.
Emailed them only yesterday voicing my opinions re: the raft of 'new' presenters being poor substitutes. R2 is no better than a lot of hospital radio stations. The channel is so bad now, I'm trying to find an alternative, but don't want ad filled content, which is why I got rid of my TV.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Nice words from Camilla.....
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65062542

I like Camilla, especially as she and King Charles (the spaniel) I just can't get that out my head!:wacko: adopted two Jack Russells! With all her fame and power she could've easily adopted poncy 'designer dogs', but instead chose humble JR's!

SEC_125648112-735e.jpg

visits-battersea-dogs-and-cats-home-earlier-DYF797.jpg

https://www.countryliving.com/uk/wildlife/pets/a41240069/beth-bluebell-king-charles-camilla-dogs/

We do have quite a few things in common, but the one thing that stands out to me is we've both owned two JR's, as this photo of me and my two, taken in 1996 shows.

nc_ohc=oapxh3LI-l4AX88wB9-&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Jameshow

Veteran
Yes, me too, until BBC shat on him.
Their fawning hypocrisy today makes me gag.
Emailed them only yesterday voicing my opinions re: the raft of 'new' presenters being poor substitutes. R2 is no better than a lot of hospital radio stations. The channel is so bad now, I'm trying to find an alternative, but don't want ad filled content, which is why I got rid of my TV.

Try local radio I've gone over to radio Leeds ...

KoffMixtures

Hi James.
Though I'm born and bred Yorkshire, I've lived all over the country and come back.
Radio Leeds I'm afraid) is occupied by too many 'token Yorkshire' folk for my 'cosmopolitan' taste these days. I'm just as broad Yorkshire as my Doncaster/Barnsley brethren, so I don't think I'm a snob, it's just the presenters seem to appeal to the low common denominator, Tha' know's.

Top Bottom