Paula Radcliffe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Yellow Fang said:
Am I remembering right, or wasn't she out in the lead at the Greece Olympic Games and cried like a baby when she couldn't carry on. This time she hadn't been able to train properly because of a stress fracture. She appeared to be limping a bit when she came into the stadium. If she'd been properly professional, she wouldn't have taken part in that race at all.

So why did she, and take someone who would have finished's place into the bargain? Cos it's all about her, isn't it?

Maz said:
In the long run, I think she is.

That comment was in danger of being missed I fear ;)

PaulB said:
It's odd, isn't it, that come the Olympics or other major championships, the golden girl of British athletics is always crocked but come the New York or London marathons, (ie where there's money and not glory involved) she's as fit as the proverbial? Or am I being cynical?

To say you were being cynical would be being nice.

PaulB said:
Cos there's no money to go with the medal?

You don't attract money by being an Olympic Gold Medallist?

Really?

No-one wants to pay you to run in their races? Wear their kit? Write books about you? Go on their TV shows? Appear on their cornflake packet? Open their supermarket?

Rebecca Adlington must be pissed.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Disgruntled Goat said:
Rebecca Adlington must be pissed.

She drinks a lot? And Adlington managed something Radcliffe hasn't and may never do; win the big G. You call me cynical but maybe it's you that's naive?

simoncc

PaulB said:
So why did she, and take someone who would have finished's place into the bargain? Cos it's all about her, isn't it?

Of course it is. She wants the money because she runs for a living. This is 2008 not 1908, and amateurism is long gone.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Mr Phoebus said:
When Paula's shampooing her hair... Does she keep her fingers still while moving her head about?

Depends what 'type' of shower she's having....?

Niall Estick

PaulB said:
It's odd, isn't it, that come the Olympics or other major championships, the golden girl of British athletics is always crocked but come the New York or London marathons, (ie where there's money and not glory involved) she's as fit as the proverbial? Or am I being cynical?

So are you suggested she isn't bothered about winning an Olympic gold so she doesn't do the training, or that when it comes to running in it she just can't be arsed.

lycradodger

PaulB said:

OK, I'll be tactful here - this is one of the most moronic posts I have read on here. Even if you believe that Paula Radcliffe is only in it for the money, as Olympic champion she would undoubtedly coin it in even more. Either way - money driven or not - she would undoubtedly love to get a gold medal.

I won't waste my time pointing out any of her "glory" wins - you can do that yourself, if you are capable of it.

Phew - just as well I avoided the tactless response.

Top Bottom