PC buying advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

Dannyg said:
Indeed. My mum's in her eighties and as far as I know has no plans to start editing videos or ripping audio. And she already has a copy of Office that she can transfer to her new PC.
I know thats the point I have made for the whole thread . You don't need a top of the range machine.
You'd better hope your office works ok with Vista because you can't buy a PC with anything else on from Dell.

You seem to know exactly what you want so I'll bow out and leave you to it .No thanks needed I never expect any and I'm never disapointed

gratts

4GB RAM for surfing the web? :tongue:

Intel have improved nowadays. I'd go with them over AMD :biggrin:

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
peanut said:
I know thats the point I have made for the whole thread . You don't need a top of the range machine.
You'd better hope your office works ok with Vista because you can't buy a PC with anything else on from Dell.

You seem to know exactly what you want so I'll bow out and leave you to it. No thanks needed I never expect any and I'm never disappointed
I'm very happy to thank you for your first post was succinct and to the point. However by the time you made your third post I was totally confused as it looked as if you were recommending that I get my mum a mobile phone instead of a PC :sad:

And thanks to everyone else who responded, even if some of them slightly missed the point. At least no one recommended that I get a Mac instead ;)

Dannyg said:
I'm very happy to thank you for your first post was succinct and to the point. However by the time you made your third post I was totally confused as it looked as if you were recommending that I get my mum a mobile phone instead of a PC :sad:

And thanks to everyone else who responded, even if some of them slightly missed the point. At least no one recommended that I get a Mac instead ;)

dannimacf.jpg

Carwash

Señor Member
Dannyg said:

Sorry to disappoint you. :sad: It seemed like you already knew what you wanted, really, just not the details. Trying to change your mind at that point wold have been counterproductive.

So, what distro are you going to put on it? For your Mum, I'd probably choose Ubuntu if I were you. ;D

Top Bottom