PC suddenly won't connect to internet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Once I changed the setting back to automatically detect a DNS Server I could get onto the internet again.
A bit like this suggestion then ...

Goto Start, Control Panel, Network Connections, Right click the Local Area Connection icon, Click Properties, Highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Click the Properties button below which should now be clickable. Select Obtain an IP address automatically, and Obtain DNS server address automatically (this one had somehow become unselected on my bro-in-law's machine - selecting it got the internet connection working again).
:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
A bit like this suggestion then ...

:thumbsup:

Absolutely - it was when I was working through your suggestion that I spotted that there was a manual DNS entry.

Sorry not to acknowledge that straight away. I had a list of different ideas I was working through at the time, from here and from IT colleagues at work, and quite honestly lost track of who had suggested what.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry not to acknowledge that straight away. I had a list of different ideas I was working through at the time, from here and from IT colleagues at work, and quite honestly lost track of who had suggested what.
No problem, I just wondered whether you'd noticed my post or had to find it out for yourself!

Top Bottom