PD A520 Pedals, Stronglight Chainring and More

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Pair of Shimano PD A520 touring pedals for sale. Light use on my commuter, no play in bearings, including cleats. Usual scuffing underneath from cleats£22 posted.
bikebits002.jpg
Stronglight Chainring, 34 teeth inner ring to fit a compact chainset, 110mm BCD. Used for one ride only, so has a bit of finish wear but nothing else. Cost £20, yours for £12 posted.
bikebits051.jpg
Crank Bros Eggbeater C pedals. These have been used on my commuter on road only, never off road. Come boxed with cleats and shims, grease port adapter, long and short cleat screws. No play in bearings, regularly greased and serviced. £22 posted
bikebits015.jpg

colly

Re member eR
I might well be interested in the pedals.

The cleats are recessed like spd's, yes?

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
I might well be interested in the pedals.

The cleats are recessed like spd's, yes?
Which ones Colly?

The PD A520s are a single sided SPD type, recessed cleats, but with a large flat pedal surround. They're like road pedals to use, but with recessed cleats making them ideal as commuter or touring pedals. I think they're as good as it gets (but Santa got me the Ultegra version:wub:)

The Eggbeaters are also a recessed cleat system, very similar to SPDs, light, easy to clip in and out of and have a 6 degree float so are great for dodgy knees. Designed for off road, I had a pair on a mTB, and put these on the commuter so I only needed one pair of shoes.

colly

Re member eR
Doh ! Yes I'm sorry I did mean the Egg Beaters.
Did you do any longer rides on them? I just wondered if, being such a small contact area, they got uncomfortable on a long ride.
I've always liked the look of Egg Beaters.

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
I didn't do any sustained road riding in them. I did a number of MTB three and four hour challenges with the other pair I have, and didn't really notice any hotspotting etc. With a stiff pair of soles I doubt it would be much of an issue.

Top Bottom