PDF file nightmares

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
My daughter often gets home work in the form of a PDF. Half of the time we cant write /type on the work sheets.
On an M1 Macbook, there’s boxes to put the answers in, and it’s so frustrating. Please help.

midlife

Guru
Here at work we get two types of. Pdf files. Some are forms with boxes to fill in and some are simply read only and can't be edited.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Here at work we get two types of. Pdf files. Some are forms with boxes to fill in and some are simply read only and can't be edited.

Although it may still be possible to add comments to those PDFs (in the appropriate places) and then use print-to-PDF to produce the output. That certainly works for me on Windows Adobe, I'd have thought it would be the same on Mac.

My daughter often gets home work in the form of a PDF. Half of the time we cant write /type on the work sheets.
On an M1 Macbook, there’s boxes to put the answers in, and it’s so frustrating. Please help.

Contact the school and ask for the recommended system to use
They should have someone who will know and if there is a problem then they need to know

If you are still having trouble attach the file (if you can, and are allowed to do so and nothing violate any privacy stuff) and people can have a look at it
I have a lot of contacts in school IT departments that may be able to help

but please contact the school first - and by that I mean the central office - not just the teacher!

@Milzy is it on seesaw by any chance?

What we do with PDF’s is use the add signature box as there is a free hand option/text type option and then over save the document with the filled in bits.

Alternatively you can use a tool called “snipping tool” a bit like a screen grab which has a pen function to scribble over the screen grab and this can then be saved, copied or emailed.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
@Milzy is it on seesaw by any chance?

What we do with PDF’s is use the add signature box as there is a free hand option/text type option and then over save the document with the filled in bits.

Alternatively you can use a tool called “snipping tool” a bit like a screen grab which has a pen function to scribble over the screen grab and this can then be saved, copied or emailed.

I’ll remember snipping tool. Managed to download from the teacher then text & draw inside & send it. I can’t say how. When I was 7 we didn’t have homework until 11 & not on computers. I’m alright on Windows but I only go on Mac for Zwift.

I’ll remember snipping tool. Managed to download from the teacher then text & draw inside & send it. I can’t say how. When I was 7 we didn’t have homework until 11 & not on computers. I’m alright on Windows but I only go on Mac for Zwift.
Gets used all the time for doing procedure notes at work. There is also a programme called recorder which records your actions and is great for showing IT departments problems step by step.

alicat

Legendary Member

Snipping tool is Windows-based. Not sure if Mac has something similar that you can also write on.

gbb

Legendary Member
Managed it somehow. Acrobat wants a subscription on the pc it’s free to me.

It's free if you just want to use basic features, Fill In and Sign for instance, which is just about all most people need to fill in a form.
Most (if not all) the other options require subscription afaik.

There are pdf files that have boxes that you can type into

I have seen them on some application forms for jobs. If you are having trouble with one try a different PDF reader

In don't use macs - only Windows so I don;t know what to use other than Acrobat - but on Windows I normally use Foxit

If anyone really needs to type into a PDF and is having trouble there are free-to-use websites that can convert it into a Word document - although the formatting can be a bit screwed up
I used that a lot when I was applying for jobs as my hand writing is not too good and I wanted to be able to type into all the boxes.

Top Bottom