1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

peak against rain

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by inaperfectworld, 25 Jul 2007.

1. inaperfectworld

inaperfectworld New Member

i need a peak to keep the rain off my glasses; took the glasses off to shake the wet off on a ride recently as i could barely see through them, dropped them and ran over them; bent up frame but lenses unbroken. i tried a cycling cap underneath the helmet but things didn't feel a particularly good fit. any helmet compatible hats to suggest?

2. chris42

chris42 New Member

I use a normal cycling cap that will fit under any helmet but i cut the top out so it almost looks like a headband with a peak and this stops me getting to hot in the spring/summer/autumn

3. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I was going to suggest a baseball cap under the hat with a hole cut in it....I didnt know there were cycling caps...How about a tennis visor/peak? ...or dare I say it...contact lenses like I wear?

4. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

A baseball hat peak would be the best at keeping the worst of the rain off the glasses. Gloves with some cloth on the fingers and back of the hand also help to wipe them clear at times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. chris42

chris42 New Member

have a look here
    http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?typ=typ&fkid=39&ID=1217

6. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

7. sloe

sloe New Member

8. Big T

Big T Über Member

If a gust of wind catches the peak of a baseball cap, it could give you whiplash!!