Peaks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Everybody & his dog really, depends what you're after, head for the woodbine cafe at Hope, starting point for alot of the Dark Peak classics, which tend to be very hard but hugely rewarding rides.
If you're after something a little 'softer' but only just, maybe start around the Bakewell area...... & head out to places such as Eyam, Stoney Middleton, Monsall head etc etc
I've been riding the peaks for years & am still exploring & finding new places
'White Peak Mountain Biking' & it's Dark Peak equivalent, both by Jon Barton are a good starting point.
Good luck :bicycle:

Jody

Stubborn git
We were out in the peaks on Saturday with one of our local Facebook groups. As above, started off in Hope for a 20 mile loop round towards Ladybower and back. The book as mentioned above is excellent for new routes, sticking to places where you are allowed to ride and having various difficulties of circuits.

Make sure you are prepared if heading out on the trails, snacks, extra clothes, tools/tubes, possible small first aid kit etc

Couple from Saturday on the top of Win Lee Tor
20160227_132223_zps35gqy3ns.jpg
20160227_132301_zpsyzcvqtch.jpg

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Yep. I ride in them a lot. Road bike all over the place from Cheshire across as far as Sheffield and down towards Derby. Even do a bit of mountain biking around Macc Forest, Buxton, Goyt Valley Etc. Love having the option of the Peak District on my doorstep as well as the flat of the Cheshire Plain.

Top Bottom