Pearl Izumi PRO lobster gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A big thumbs up for Cycle Store.
They are not on everyones list for online cycle gear.... but they should be.
My first port of call now for gear.

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
A big thumbs up for Cycle Store.
They are not on everyones list for online cycle gear.... but they should be.
My first port of call now for gear.

+1 - The main bloke Pete is just superb! A cyclist like the rest of us, always very helpful and great with advice (replys to emails within hours) and has always provided outstanding service!

I went for the night vision gloves from them, but good to know the lobsters work really well as well.

OP
OP
MattHB

MattHB

Proud Daddy
The navigation on their website is seriously horrible, but they have a huge range of stock and I've not been able to beet them on price either. Very quick service too :smile:

Alexvs

I'm currently using some cheap Aldi winter gloves and both on Saturday and today my finger tips were frozen after about 5 minutes so am desperate for something that's going to keep my hands warmer. I generally suffer with cold hands (possibly bad circulation) so would you recommend these for my winter commuting needs? Are they fleece lined or is it just the fact they're windproof that keeps the hands warm? Thanks for any advice you can give :thumbsup:

OP
OP
MattHB

MattHB

Proud Daddy
with the odd membrane covers off theyre the normal very thin material that lets the breeze in, but with the membrane covers on they block all wind and keep finger tips warm. Ive been down to 5C in them and was hot after about 5 mins. The membranes also appear to be waterproof. Once the wind is out the body does the rest.

lots of padding in the palm as well.

Alexvs

Excellent, thanks for that. I'm going to order them now and give them a go. Seems like they can become my everyday gloves and replace both pairs that I use based on weather conditions.

OP
OP
MattHB

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Excellent, thanks for that. I'm going to order them now and give them a go. Seems like they can become my everyday gloves and replace both pairs that I use based on weather conditions.

I was thinking that Id use them as well as my cheapo dunlop ones, but without the magic covers on theyre really nice and cool so Ill probably just use those. I figured for £15 I couldnt go wrong really.

I really like the idea that I can 'cover up' when I start out and then 'strip off' my fingers when I get hot! Or, I can cover up when it plerts' expectantly.

Alexvs

Exactly my thoughts. I had a look round for some reviews and found this from 2009 but they received 5 stars from the reviewer and from a reader review: http://www.bicycling.com/gearfinderproductdetail?gfid=12926

Believe it or not these are still being sold for £50 on Evans and as that's where I purchase all my bits from thought I'd test out their price match and to my suprise they actually matched it within minutes so placed the order straight away. I'm yet to find anything they've not matched and always received next day shipping so big thumbs up from me :thumbsup:

Alexvs

I've just received my pair and believe it or not they sent me the other softshell version which look fantastic and warm. I'm definitely not sending them back as suffer with terribly cold fingers and the extra warmth is much appreciated. Obviously there's no guarantee they'll send the wrong ones out again but if you don't mind either then get Evans to price match :biggrin:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom