Pedal for Scotland 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

Just signed myself and SG Jr up for this years event. Will be doing the 'Classic' as we plan to cycle back to Glasgow instead of taking their transfer option and he doesn't fancy trying it after 'The Big Belter' and I don't really fancy the thought or our bikes potentially getting 'chucked' in with a load of others.

The route isn't finalised for this year yet, the site is still showing last year's, so can't plan the return route yet.

Does anyone who has done it previously know when the final route is published?

MiK1138

Veteran
Usually in June, Last year a bunchof us just cycled back to Glasgow Via Bathgate

OP
OP
U

User33236

Usually in June, Last year a bunchof us just cycled back to Glasgow Via Bathgate
Thanks. I was thinking of heading that way just hope I can remember the route after being away from the area for 14 years lol.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Will be hopefully doing the 100mile one this year, doing tour de forth tomorrow which is 60 mile
My wife would so love the TdForth as she absolutely loves bridges. Unfortunately she's mid-training period for IronMan Bolton and I'm out of a 120km club ride as training for L2P ^_^. Maybe next year.

Yeah def recommend it, route was good, the volunteers were excellent. Only heard of one crash which I think was on the FR bridge as I was stuck behind an ambulance.

Quite happy with my time, 4hrs 1min. Bit annoyed as i was aiming for below 4 hours but can put the 1min down to having a pee in the bush haha

OP
OP
U

User33236

The organisers posted on FB that 'brochures' we're now available to download from their site so went and had a read.

Interesting addition for a 'fully closed roads' event that riders as still mandated to 'stop at red traffic lights'!

EDIT: Apparently the 'fully closed roads' route has live traffic crossing it a traffic light controlled junctions...... so..... not a fully closed roads route.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
U

User33236

Hardly worth getting out of bed for lol

zizou

Veteran
Just had a look at the 'classic' route and it is quite different to previous years - different finish obviously but also missing out the Caldercruix to Avonbridge section - that was my favourite bit, the rolling road then the sweeping bends past black loch then the descent down to Avonbridge. After Avonbridge the route is different too heading up to Calfornia rather than the right hander at the church...the sign going into the 'sunshine village' will make a popular photo opportunity!

OP
OP
U

User33236

Their FB page had several disgruntled posts about the route changes this year, especially the change to the finish.

GreigM

Veteran
My 1st time doing Pedal for Scotland, quite enjoyed it. Done the classic route seemed pretty well organised. Bit busy in places but overall a decent run on the bike :smile:

Top Bottom