Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley Pedal on Parliament 2 - the feeder ride - Sunday 19th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Come join CC Ecosse as we pedal to the Edinburgh Meadows and on to Holyrood to show support for cyclist infrastructure development in Scotland.

This will be, as all CC Ecosse rides, a gently paced, all inclusive ride, welcoming anyone and everyone with a bike and a desire to join in. In difference to most rides, though, we have a target to arrive at. The POP organizers have not yet announced a start time for the depart from the Meadows - if this is radically different from what I expect (3 pm) the start time listed below may need to change.

The Ride - From Glasgow to Edinburgh (Meadows)
Meeting place - Main entrance to Alexandra Park, Alexandra Parade, Glasgow (map)
Route - http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2099445 Distance approximately 75 km / 46 miles. The route is a slight variation on the Pedal for Scotland route, mostly on quiet roads, but using the Roseburn cyclepath on the final approach to Edinburgh.
Terrain - As few hills as can be realistically obtained given the required start and end point
Start Time - 9 am
Timetable - It is the plan/hope that fellow cyclists from across the central belt can be collected along the route, to form a proper CC Ecosse peloton as we get to the capital. Assuming a rolling average of 15 km/h we will arrive at some selected locations thusly: Coatbridge Sunnyside railway stn 12km/9:50, Bowhouse Roundabout 39km/11:35, Linlithgow railway stn 46km/12:05, Kirkliston 59km/12:55, Cramond Brig 65km/13:20, Edinburgh Meadows 75km/14:00

The ride is inteded to live up to the 3 main rules of CC Ecosse rides:

NO ONE gets left behind
ANY BIKE will do:bicycle:
There WILL BE CAKE:hungry:

Attending
Rasmus
Harry_Palmer79
tug benson (from Kirkliston)
Col5632 (from Kirkliston, hopefully)
Pat "5mph"

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Count me in

ShooglyDougie

Veteran
Sounds good, I can meet up with the group at the Cramond brig.

OP
OP
Rasmus

Rasmus

Without a clever title
We're back on the website now.

In other news, I seem to have lost the ability to edit the OP, so no updates on the entry list right now. At any rate, we need some more entries from the west coast people!

Col5632

Guru
We're back on the website now.

In other news, I seem to have lost the ability to edit the OP, so no updates on the entry list right now. At any rate, we need some more entries from the west coast people!

I think once somebody likes your post you lose the option to edit it

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Going to explore the feeder route on Sunday 21 April, hopefully not by myself!
Will be at the Alexandra park gates at 9am, see if I can keep to Rasmus timings :heat:
Btw, are we meant to put our name down for the day on the PoP website?
Can't find a link for this.

Top Bottom