Pedal spanner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran

nappadang

Über Member
Looks better than the crap I bought from Hellfords after facing similar pedal removal difficulties.

I have been trying to shift a pedal for weeks and was unable using ordinary spanners. Last week I bit the bullet and bought one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111333228408?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T off Ebay. It shifted the pedal with not too much effort.

The tool is well made and has a good solid feel to it. How it would stand up to workshop use I don't know but am sure it will be ideal for domestic use.

You got a nice tool there. Bike Hand are made in Taiwan and are pretty good. Have a few of their tools and can see little difference between them and the bigger names:thumbsup:

young Ed

Veteran
I've never had a bike with an allen recess on the end of its pedals.

Perhaps it's more common in the world of clipless egg whisks or whatever them roadies fellas use.
i have 2 pairs of MTB clipless pedals and 1 pair of road clipless pedals (all shimano) and one pair of flat cheap plastic (non-shimano) pedals and all 4 of them have both flats for a spanner and a recess for an allen key
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
sounds like you didn't have enough leverage on a normal spanner, an extra long length of pipe generally fixes this
Cheers Ed

sgl5gjr

Had a bike in the other day..... Halfords job..... owner wanted to change them, bear in mind this was a Christmas prezzie.... whoever put the pedals on...must have no idea of torque settings at all..... this pedal was on way way too tight....and with no grease.... Needless to say I did fix it with a similar tool from Park.... and the owner isn't going back to Halfords for its "safety check".....

shadow master

The amount of people that under estimate what a difference greased threads,oiled cables,chain etc...make to the running of a bike,let alone the longevity of the transmission never ceases to amaze me

Top Bottom