Pedal thread sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Simple question, probably. I'm looking at some new pedals, some are 1/2" most are 9/16"

Do I measure the outside of the thread or the inside of the hole?

IMG_0355.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

'A' or 'B' ?

Ta.

Nibor

Bewildered
That being a hollowtech will be a 9/16th in my experience I have only encountered half inch on BMX bikes

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Just in case you don't know this already, one pedal has a left hand thread. Best to work out which one before you bollock it up ridiculously tight in a forlorn attempt to undo it.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Just in case you don't know this already, one pedal has a left hand thread. Best to work out which one before you bollock it up ridiculously tight in a forlorn attempt to undo it.
Yep, thanks. I worked that out quite a while ago.
Also best to use a spot of lube when fitting the new ones to save them locking up.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My mnemonic for that is 'The right pedal is right, the left pedal is wrong'! (Most bottom bracket threads are the opposite so 'Right is NOT right, and left is NOT wrong')

oldroadman

Veteran
Yep, thanks. I worked that out quite a while ago.
Also best to use a spot of lube when fitting the new ones to save them locking up.
Tiny bit of Copaslip or similar copper lube. A little goes a long way!

Top Bottom