pedals and cleats?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Yep first time using them, was because the cleat came loose though!

Fair enough almost had a similar off but got a rotation in and unclipped my other foot.

My first clipless bent my rear derallier

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Ed, I've got the same Shimano pedals as the image you posted on my everyday bike. Happy to ride them either clipped in or on the flat side with normal shoes. Or even on the flat side with my SPD shoes if in an annoying queue of traffic with no chance of safely filtering.

And ditto what Vickster said about reading the clipless FAQ thread: lots of useful information in there, helped me a lot when switched a few years ago.

Peteaud

Veteran
Spd are also available in normal, or multi release, to confuse you even more.

I prefere the multi release.

and to conuse things even further, i want to try speedplay, :wacko:

Peteaud

Veteran
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSrPTSc5Jgq75fifKzOyxB9nN80Tzb0OHVk9qsO-wkqistG1sj.jpg
=
Shimano%20R540%20blk1.jpg

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
SPD are generally regarded for MTB/Hybrid/CX use, (although 1000's of people use them on road bikes too, and why not indeed). You can also walk easily in SPD's as well, hence they are favoured by commuters as well.

SPD-SL are a road dedicated set up whose cleats make walking difficult for any distance, and treacherous on slippery surfaces.

Most people start off with SPD's, then either stick to them or start to experiment depending on their bike and/or type of riding they do.

This is all just IMHO of course, and FWIW I use SPD-SL's on my road bike as I basically don't walk anywhere when I go out plus I always found I got hotspots under my feet with SPD's.

PS: considering the ones you've posted Ed these are what you need :girldance:

5413fe8286474ad15c6a209f9201fede.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT03ROD1FwMEnmviFVWC7mHf_xOUot0hVxnInKyCnepFv2hdVf1.jpg
?
i wonder if they do them in size 12?
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom