Pedals moving but wheels are not moving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CyclingRazor

Hi,

I’ve got a pinnacle dolomite single speed bike and it’s pedals work however the wheels don’t move with the pedals.

Anyone know what i could do to fix this issue? And how much would it roughly cost?

Cheers.

Sharky

Guru
Not enough info.

Freewheel not working or put on the wrong way.
No chain fitted

Try and describe the symptoms a bit better.

Hi,

I’ve got a pinnacle dolomite single speed bike and it’s pedals work however the wheels don’t move with the pedals.

Anyone know what i could do to fix this issue? And how much would it roughly cost?

Cheers.
To stop the 'no chain or freewheel' answers give us more info pls :okay:

CXRAndy

Guru
If this is not a wind up.

Then its the freewheel which failed. That is the cog on the rear wheel. It allows for freewheeling downhill but engages when pedals are turned.

Tom B

Guru
What happens when you pedal backwards?

If it is the fubar freewheel they can sometimes be made to work again (temporarily) with some smart taps, knocks or bounces to the wheel / hub with the wheel in various different angles to the ground.

As the kid with the difficult paper-round my delivery clunker was fixed like this a few times until I could save up enough £1 wages to get it fixed. Or the shop owner got fed up with the bloke* at the far end of my round complaining about the late arrival of his Racing Post, Cycling Weekly, Razzle and Financial Times and paid for my bike to be fixed.

* This betting financial whizz and admirer of naked ladies and his missus were actually quite keen touring cyclists and patched me and my bike up a few times after I'd had incidents enroute a few times.

Last edited:

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
That's correct. Why do you need to ask on here when the shop bloke has told you the problem?
His first post was at 04:20 in the morning so he probably went to the LBS afterwards like when it opened and his last post was at 12:15 in the afternoon.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's in the nature of social meejia that you spray messages and stuff indiscriminately all over the place and quite often forget where you went.

Top Bottom