Pedals on Cannondale road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twinks

Über Member
Well it does say no question is too stupid!! Am due to collect my new Cannondale road bike and don't know what to expect the pedals to be like. It says in the bumf they are Wellgo but that's it. Having never ridden a road bike before I would like to get used to it with ordinary flat pedals like on my hybrid, maybe consider clipless in the future. Anyone know what I should expect or have any advice. thanks.

:welcome: to CC Lilmo, and think on, there's no such thing as a stupid question my friend :cheers:

FYI, Wellgo do make some reasonable pedals, but the 'free' pedals you'll get will be just basic plastic entry level ones IME, (see pic below), but they'll be perfectly functional to use whilst you get used to the new bike.

If you then want to go clipless when you're ready then CC has it's own thread HERE that will answer any question you can think of :thumbsup:

209292.jpg

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
^Probably inexpensive with clips and straps. Why not ask the supplier? You could also fit the flat pedals from your hybrid, though IMO it is worth getting used to clips and straps as apreparation for clipless in the future.

OP
OP
T

Twinks

Über Member
Thanks for replying and for the welcome :hello: . The basic ones in the pic would do just fine for the time being just to get the feel of the new position etc. Appreciate that clipless would be good at some point though.

Doc333

Knight Of The Realm & All Around Good Guy
yep comes with straps and I'm still using them after almost 12-months. Probably because I'm scared of looking stupid when I have clipless moments.
photo (4).JPG

OP
OP
T

Twinks

Über Member
Racing roadkill, I think perhaps I am not yet savvy with all the correct terms for stuff?:rolleyes:

Top Bottom