Peddars Way, Norfolk. Cyclable?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andym

Über Member
It's a while since I did it but my recollection is that it was generally fine but with some bits that were a bit overgrown.

I think I did it on a hybrid with 38c tyres. Not flat, but not desperately hilly either.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I did a section of it a couple of years back on my hybrid (unladen) & there was one gate that was locked, so I had to lift my bike over which might be a little hard with a fully laden tourer. That was near to Hockham IIRC. There was a very nice pub a little further on which would be worthy of a stop off :laugh: The Dog & Partridge, good food & good ales

OP
OP
Fandango

Fandango

Soltydog said:
I did a section of it a couple of years back on my hybrid (unladen) & there was one gate that was locked, so I had to lift my bike over which might be a little hard with a fully laden tourer. That was near to Hockham IIRC. There was a very nice pub a little further on which would be worthy of a stop off :smile: The Dog & Partridge, good food & good ales

Always looking for the best pub in the World, so it's important to test them all :smile: Current champion is the Nelson at Horsey in Norfolk so I have arranged for that to be the first nights stop of my tour :smile:

I can live with gates, my panniers are quick release so it doesn't take long to take them off. What I am not so keen on is either rutted tracks, sand or gravel for 10 miles which is a bit of a pain for my two wheeled caravan. I am only planning to do the north Norfolk coast part btw.

ttony002

Über Member
pedders way

I did this last year in july (very hot i remember)no real problems .
I cycled from knettishall heath to holm next the sea. Tyers 700c x 35 Schwalbe Marathon coped really well. If you can spend some time looking round Castle Acre ,lovely. Hope you enjoy youself.

OP
OP
Fandango

Fandango

ttony002 said:
I did this last year in july (very hot i remember)no real problems .
I cycled from knettishall heath to holm next the sea. Tyers 700c x 35 Schwalbe Marathon coped really well. If you can spend some time looking round Castle Acre ,lovely. Hope you enjoy youself.

Excellent! Thanks very much for the info, I look forward to cycling what looks a very nice route :wacko:

Top Bottom