Pedestrian down!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
My lovely almost BIL has been knocked over by a cyclist on a shared use path today.

Lovely BIL said he heard bell ring, turned to look and got knocked over. Luckily, neither were injured, but BIL's trousers are ruined! Said cyclist stopped and apologised.

Careful out there folks.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I almost run over a wandering toddler yesterday in the park. Thankfully I'm not the fastest :sweat:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
....what is wrong with people....?

If you can't stop in the distance you can see to be clear in front of you, then you are going TOO FAST - regardless of whether you're cycling, skateboarding, driving.......

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru

If you can't stop in the distance you can see to be clear in front of you, then you are going TOO FAST - regardless of whether you're cycling, skateboarding, driving.......
Well, don't start me off. BIL says bell was rung only milliseconds before impact occurred, which made me wonder why his hand was on the bell rather than the brakes.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
I almost run over a wandering toddler yesterday in the park. Thankfully I'm not the fastest :sweat:
Me neither Pat. My route to work goes through two public parks, slow going as there's so many ped's to avoid, but better safe than sorry.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

Well, in my case I could see a couple in front of me, sort of in the middle of the (wide, police cars patrolling sometimes) park path. So I slow down to 3 mph :smile: bearing left, when this toddler shoots out from her parents legs :eek: no harm done, I got a fright!

on the road

Über Member
Whenever I've been riding through the park or on a shared path I've never run anyone over and never nearly run anyone over because I'm always going at a speed appropriate for the conditions and always paying attention to what's going on around me, it's not rocket science.

Top Bottom