Peel & stick tiles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I'm guessing they're a wall equivalent on self adhesive floor tiles, if you get them right, they stick well. The only trouble you have with them is getting them off at a later date. The adhesive is pressure sensitive and the longer you leave it the stronger the bond gets. In addition, over time the PVC has a habit of going quite brittle. If they were going to be either on for a short period or you were doing it to tidy up a home prior to selling (ie not your problem long term), they should be okay but if the plan was to leave them on for a year or two then take them off and re-tile, be prepared for a lot of mess and re-plastering.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Putting up ceramic tiles will involve just a little more work, plus once the ‘temporary’ ones are up there’s less incentive to replace them :smile:.

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Putting up ceramic tiles will involve just a little more work, plus once the ‘temporary’ ones are up there’s less incentive to replace them :smile:.
Putting up ceramic tiles is not a problem. Finding any that I like is a big problem - and there are unlikely to be any new ranges available before next Easter :sad:

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I'm guessing they're a wall equivalent on self adhesive floor tiles, if you get them right, they stick well. The only trouble you have with them is getting them off at a later date. The adhesive is pressure sensitive and the longer you leave it the stronger the bond gets. In addition, over time the PVC has a habit of going quite brittle. If they were going to be either on for a short period or you were doing it to tidy up a home prior to selling (ie not your problem long term), they should be okay but if the plan was to leave them on for a year or two then take them off and re-tile, be prepared for a lot of mess and re-plastering.

Thanks - it's just been plastered. I'm not having that done again!! Sounds like I'll give these a miss.

Top Bottom