Pendleton bikes, the good lady wants one.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
A couple of other options

Cooper Oporto

Pashley Poppy (also in pink if thats your thing)

Both well built bikes, probably better quality than the Pendleton endorsed ones

david k

Hi
My wife has just cooed and aaahed over the retro looking Pendleton bike and is making noises about ditching her BSO MTB in favour of one.

Has anyone got any experience of these bikes? I know Halfords claim to built them but who does build them?
i checked them out for my wife, they are very nice bikes but after consideration we felt they were a bit heavy and made really for short journeys. she preferred the crossfire 1 hybrid which is a similar sitting position, she found it comfy and it felt light considering it has front suspension

Sara_H

Guru
i suspect theres a decent market for women wanting a girly bike without "too many gears" too. :smile:
That said, I'm desperate for a sit up and beg, girly, vintage style bike with lots and lots of gears as I live at the top of a very steep hill, which is hard work even on my very well geared mountain bike.

I emailed a company linked to on here somewhere, that do a vintage style 8 speed bike that claims to glide uphill. They replied there bike probably wasnt for me!

So jelous of all the ladies on their pretty bikes :angry:

outlash

also available in orange
My good wife has just bought the Dalby and she loves it. Compared to her rubbish £80 MTB it's in another league. Unbelievably, I was trying to nudge her towards the Somerby (more money) but she said it's a bit too Laura Ashley for her.

Tony..

Norm

Can we have a thread which mentions Victoria Pendleton without the puerile comments, please. They are base enough at the best of times but I struggle to think how such comments and photos are appropriate on a thread about bikes for females.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Can we have a thread which mentions Victoria Pendleton without the puerile comments, please. They are base enough at the best of times but I struggle to think how such comments and photos are appropriate on a thread about bikes for females.

Am I missing something? I can't see any comments on this thread which could be described as puerile.

johnnyh

Veteran
You must be seeing a different thread to me Norm

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
So jelous of all the ladies on their pretty bikes :angry:
You will not be jealous of me then :laugh:
Maurine.jpg

Hip Priest

Veteran
Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation. I do find the perving over Pendleton to be a bit tiresome, but by appearing in lad mags with her kit off she does play the game.

Sara_H

Guru
You will not be jealous of me then :laugh:
View attachment 12146
Awww Pat - there was a young woman got on the same train as me yesterday and parked her bike next to my disgustingly filthy mountain bike.
It was a pale blue vintage Raleigh, with White mudguards and wicker basket. I couldn't keep my eyes off it.
As we were getting off I complemented her on her very pretty bike, she was chuffed. Then I asked her what it was like on hills. "oh it's awful" she said.
I've even asked the OH if we can move somewhere flat so I can live my dream! He said no!

Top Bottom