Pension Advice / Pension Review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just been handed a letter which is from a pension company. According to the letter my pension pot is £8006.22. I know it's not much,but my question is can i draw the whole amount out in one go? 🤔

I've just been handed a letter which is from a pension company. According to the letter my pension pot is £8006.22. I know it's not much,but my question is can i draw the whole amount out in one go? 🤔
I was offered £18,000 cash, with the accompanying tax bill. I did my research and found if I put it in a self invested pension I would get more. I got £21,500. Which i did. If I took it out immediately I would have to pay the SIPP provider (Hargreaves Lansdown) £275. If I waited a year I would have to pay £25. As non tax payer if I added £2880 to the SIPP the tax payer would give me £720 a 25% gain. Guess what I did?

Watching with interest. One of the many who has a pension/s and know I really should do something with them to make sure I am not just squandering good money. But what the heck am I supposed to do and who do I trust?
You see an advisor who is not allowed to make money from the funds etc that he tells you to buy. He just charges a fee. Doesn't mean he will get it right mind.

Top Bottom