Pensioner's bike stolen after he suffers heart attack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Came across this article and I couldnt quite believe it, what a complete scumbag whoever did it:

Article here -> CLICK ME

Thieves stole a 77-year-old man's bicycle after he fell off it while suffering a heart attack on a busy road.
Leonard Smart's life was saved when an off-duty nurse intervened to give him CPR after he suffered the attack. He was taken to hospital but later his family went to recover his bicycle only to find it had been stolen.
Smart's son, Dave, 52, said: "It is unbelievable. I had a good look around for it and it was gone – somebody must have taken it, that's the only explanation.
"Whether they knew what had happened to my father or not – I don't know. But they stole it nonetheless. He used to cycle everywhere – going into town most days. The bike was of no particular value, but that is not really the point."
Smart is now stable at Gloucestershire Royal hospital. His family are appealing for the bicycle to be returned and asking for the woman who helped save Smart to come forward so she can be thanked.
Last week it emerged that another cyclist, Sam Swain, had travelled 10,000 miles across Europe and Asia only to have his bicycle stolen after he locked it to a rack outside a restaurant in Bristol.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Makes you proud to be British! *sniff*.

asterix

Comrade Member
When I was felled, a white van man took my bicycle. He left his name and address and 6 months later, when I had recovered, he gave me it back having dry stored it in his premises somewhere. Twice in York I have lost my wallet and both times it has been handed in to the cops with the cash still there.

Top Bottom