Pensioner's Heating Allowance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
So just out of interest does anybody know the answer to this.

Mrs. C is a few years older than me and has been getting the Winter Fuel Payment for a couple of years.

As I have now reached pension age what do they now do, split the allowance or continue to pay to oldest?

This is not a "my money / her money" question before certain posters accuse me of being "stuck in the 60's" I am just interested in how it works.

byegad

Legendary Member
Ours is split between the two of us. We are in the same position as you and your wife, and once I reached the correct age they split it automatically.

Q: Is it a single allowance paid per household or an individual allowance per person (i.e. a couple would together receive more than a single person)?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Thanks to all for the information.

👍
This year, all (I think) pensioners will get £300, also split between a couple plus Winter Fuel Payment . ie: £250 each.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Is that a Scottish difference? I am old-ish and live alone (in England!) but I will be getting £500.

No idea really but we do in many instances get better treatment from the Scottish govt. than England.
I was born on or before 25th September 1942 which may be where the difference lies.
I have also got the letter in front of me to make sure I have it correct.
Naturally since the letter is from an English dictated source we would not be told we get more from the Scottish government and the impression is that it is the gracious Westminster giving more. Writing this I am pushing the boundaries a bit and could get shunted elsewhere.

Top Bottom