Perceived risk whilst cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Done. TBH I was a bit surprised by a few of my responses to some of the questions, makes you think.

OP
OP
JamBal

JamBal

Hi Guys, thanks for all your responses. I've posted this on a few forums and wasn't expecting quite so many responses!
The main takeaway at this point is that people don't like other road users overtaking too close - and this is independent of pretty much all demographics (age, cycle distance, location gender etc).

Your questionnaire states "The aim of the project is to design a product that helps to reduce the perceived risk of cycling".

What type of procuct are you considering, conspicuity aid, PPE or something else?

With regards to this, I'm not 100% sure at this point. I need to email out some follow up questions to find out exactly what it is that makes people feel at risk. If it's the unknown element then it will look quite different to if it's the proximity for example

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Since close passes is the main problem (no surprise). You need think about a product that will reduce close passes, which means something installed in vehicles to make close passes a painful experience for the occupants. Maybe a 140 decibel alarm goes off in the vehicle and cuts power and applies brakes if they do a close pass.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Since close passes is the main problem (no surprise). You need think about a product that will reduce close passes, which means something installed in vehicles to make close passes a painful experience for the occupants. Maybe a 140 decibel alarm goes off in the vehicle and cuts power and applies brakes if they do a close pass.
You forgot the long spike that shoots out of the centre of the steering wheel. :evil:

Top Bottom